21 January 2010

An Open Letter to Steve MacPherson and the Creators of LOST

I have a great idea for a promo.

Make it a leak of the very last scene of the series finale of Lost a la last scene of the series finale of Arrested Development.

INT. STEVE MACPHERSON'S OFFICE - DAY - 2007

STEVE
THAT's the ending to the show? Are you kidding me?


DAMON, CARLTON, J.J.
Yeah, pretty much. We thought it was a good ending at the time.

STEVE
There's no way I could put this on the air. People will be sending us hate mail for years. They'll can me. You must be out of your (expletive) minds! (Pause.) What am I going to do?


DAMON
Well, Jay Leno's contract is almost up. You can put him in our time slot.


J.J.
Damon's got a good point. His show would be a hell of a lot cheaper than our show.


CARLTON
Or for that matter any show. You could put him on five days a week.


Long uncomfortable pause followed by laughter.

DAMON
I'm kidding.


CARLTON & J.J.
We're kidding.


STEVE
Now THAT's crazy. You'd have to be (another expletive) to even think of doing that. You know what? It's fine. By the time, it's over anyways, no one will even remember why they were watching it in the first place. Just promise me one thing.


DAMON, CARLTON, J.J.
What?


STEVE
Don't go to FOX.


DAMON
Sure.


CARLTON
I wasn't planning to.


Another uncomfortable pause.

J.J.
About that...


SMASH CUT TO LOST END LOGO

You can pay me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment