28 January 2010

Stop hating me TV

It's been a while since I posted anything, so for the next week or so, I've decided to start some open letters that will tide things over.

Dear television,

You and I have had a tumultuous relationship, I know. Ever since I rediscovered my XBOX 360, you've kind of drifted into the background. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I wasn't blowing you off, it's just... Okay, let's be honest, you haven't been putting out lately. I know you have some great stuff coming out, but I can't sit idly when you spin out such garbage as American Idol or The Golden Globes. Yes, I know, a lot of people love American Idol. I'm just not one of them and I'm not saying that to be cool. It's just not my cup of tea, bag of weed, type of lunch box, picnic basket, midlife crisis car or whatever euphemism the kids are using these days. Anyway, my point is that you don't have to get back at me by randomly not recording programs I actually do like. It's like you want the shows I like to fail because I played Assassin's Creed II too much. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I finished that game and it meant nothing. No, really, I... Don't talk to me that way. I totally care about you. What? Baby, don't go... I need you... The last season of Lost is on next... Baby? Sweety?

Okay, well, it looks like things are going to escalate.

No comments:

Post a Comment